A temple is a sacred place for Hindu people. They give temples the highest place in their life. They believe that their god stays there. There are several temples in Bangladesh, now we are going to discuss the top ten Hindu Temples of Bangladesh. Here we make top 10 Mindor in Bangladesh as per public opinion.
Top Ten Hindu Temples in Bangladesh
1. Kantoji Temple: Kantoji temple, commonly known as the Kantojew Temple at Kantonagar is a late medieval Hindu temple in Dinajpur, Bangladesh. Kantoji temple is one of the most magnificent religious edifices belonging to the 18th century. The temple belongs to the popular Hindu Kanto or Krishna and this most popular for the Radha-Krishna cult in Bengal. This beautiful temple is dedicated to Krishna and his wife Rukmini built by Maharaj Pran Nath its construction started in 1704 CE and ended in the reign of his son maharaja Ramnath 1722 CE, during the reign of his son maharaja Ramnath it boasts one of the greatest examples of terracotta architecture in Bangladesh and once had 9 spires, but all were destroyed in an earthquake that took place in 1897.
2. Dakeshwari National Temple: Dakeshwari temple is a state-owned National Temple in Bangladesh. The name Dakeshwari implies “Goddess of Dhaka” Since the destruction of Ramna Kali Mandir by the Pakistani Millitary1971 during the Liberation War the Dakehswari temple has assumed status as the most important Hindu place of worship of Bangladesh.
3. Joy Kali Temple: Joy Kali Mondir is situated between Thadari Bazar and Wari in Dhaka in Bangladesh. On a road, itself named after this temple, 24 joy kali temple street. Joy Kali Temple is a Hindu Temple devoted to Goddess Kali Ma. The status of Goddess Kali has a great significance to the Hindus.
4. The Puthia Temple: The Puthia Mondir complex consists of a cluster of notable old Hindu temples in Puthia Upazila, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, located 23 km to the east Rajshahi city, it has the largest number of historic temples in Bangladesh. The temple was built by the Zamindar Rajas of the puthia raj family who were noted philanthropists of Rajshahi. The temple has been built in terracotta in a variety of styles, combining the typical Jor – Bangla architecture with their influences.
5. Jagannath temple: Jaagannath Mondir is located in Chatmohor in Pabna, Bangladesh is dedicated to the Hindu God Jagannath. Locally known is the Handial Mandir. The temple was built between 1300 and 1400 CE. The temple is famous for its terracotta sculptures and has been described as one of the most beautiful Hindus temples in Northern Bangladesh. The temple is incurring damage by high salinity from the soil it is built on.
6. Adinath Temple, Maheskhali: Adinath Mondir, located on the summit of the Mainak hill on Maheskhali. Island off the coast of Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, is dedicated to the Hindu God, Shiva, who is worshiped as Adinath.The temple is famous for the annual fair for held at the foot of the Mainak hill in the month of Phalgun as per the Bengali calendar the fair which lasts 13 days, draws thousands of Hindus from across Bangladesh.
7. Comilla Jagannath Temple: Comilla jagannath temple also known as Sateroratna Mandir or Seventeen jewel temple is located in Comilla, Bangladesh. It is dedicated to the Hindu God Jagannath. It dates back to the 16th century and was built by sree sreejoktou Moharaja Rada Kishor Manikuo Bahadur who was the king of Tripura.
8. Bhabanipur Shaktipeeth: Bhabanipur is a sacred site around karatoyalat located about 28 km from Sherpur Upazila of Bogra District, Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh.It is one of the Shakti Peethas of the Indian subcontinent.
9. Jeshoreshwari Kali Temple: Jeshoreshwari kali temple is one of the famous Hindu temples in Bangladesh dedicated to the Goddess Kali. The temple is located in ishwaripur, a village ShyamnagarUpazial , Satkhira. The name ‘ Jaesshoresshwari implies the Goddess of Jessore’.
10. Chandranath Temple: Chandranath temple is located on top of the Chandranath hill, is a famous Shakti Peeth located near Sitakunda in Bangladesh, whereas per Hindu sacred texts. The right arm of Goddess Sati fell Sitakundo Chandranath , a temple is a holy place of Pilgrimage. All of those are famous and well known Hindu temple of Bangladesh.